Mindfucklover

Mindfucklover

Like It or Not
S.L. Armstrong, April L'Orange, Angelia Sparrow, Naomi Brooks, Sean Michael, Gryvon, Stella Harris, T.C. Mill, Heidi Belleau, Violetta Vane
In The Blink Of An Eye (Juxtapose City 2)
Tricia Owens
Lover Awakened - J.R. Ward This is an amazing book! Zsadist is the ultimate bad boy and so far my favourite warrior of the BDB series.There is so much more to Z than his rough exterior and bad boy attitude which he uses as a second skin to hide his inner scars. I think this quote sums up Zsadist quite well 'We accept the love we think we deserve' (S, Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower)He doesn't believe he deserves the love of those around him, even from his brother Phury, whom he is closest to. This is due to his experiences from when he was younger, which have affected the way he copes with his feelings. He had a tortured and cruel past at the hands of a mistress causing him to have deeply embedded scars. Reading what he felt and how it damaged him broke my heart. His relationship with Beth helps to heal the scars, yet he fights against it, thinking he is too dirty for her. I just wanted to hug Z and heal his broken spirit. The emotions this book touches on are vast and I felt every one of them to my core.Beth is a strong, determined character who is perfect for Z. She doesn't let him push her away, even though he tries to continually. Beth also has scars which require healing, both her and Z help heal each others wounds. When Z bathed Beth and sang to her I cried, it was so gentle the way he treated her. In fact I cried at quite a few points in the book (so get the tissues ready). The thought of one scene still gets to my emotionsWhen Z was in the shower trying to clean himself because he thought he was too dirty to give her his blood :(At first Phury frustrated me with his negative attitude towards everything Z does as he doesn't seem to let up on him. But as the story continues you realise Phury loves his brother so much and it is his way of protecting his brother. The fact he actually feels Z's pain as if it was his own says a lot about how deep his love for Z goes.My favourite quote was when Z said to Beth 'I was dead until you found me, though I breathed, I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened'I am definitely looking forward to Vishous' book as you learn more about him. I also loved hearing about Rehvenge, I cannot wait to see what 'sick shit' he is into. This book is definitely the best of the series so far!